Building Management Systems (BMS) also known as Building Automation Systems (BAS), Building Management and Control System (BMCS), Direct Digital Controls (DDC) and Building Controls. We have experienced people to integrate all type of protocol to the requested.
Other terms associated with Control Systems:
- Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Energy Management System (EMS)
- Data gathering panels (DGP)
- Modbus, Lonworks, and Bacnet – All refer to communications protocols
- ‘Front End’ – legacy term used to refer to the BMS Operator Workstation
BMS systems are “Intelligent” microprocessor based controller networks installed to monitor and control a buildings technical systems and services such as air conditioning, ventilation, lighting and hydraulics.
- More specifically they link the functionality of individual pieces of building equipment so that they operate as one complete integrated system.
- Now installed in every major building or facility with the availability of direct integration into all other building services such as security, access control, CCTV, fire, Lifts and other life and safety systems.
- BMS systems are now based on open communications protocols and are WEB enabled allowing integration of systems from multiple system vendors and access from anywhere in the world.